- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 6 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 rhubarb, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 220 o C (440 o F
- Combine apples, walnuts, maple syrup, and rhubarb in a large bowl. Mix together sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon in a small bowl, then sprinkle over fruit. Toss until fruit is thoroughly coated. Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Okay, I was not allowed to take any pictures of the mess. So my Cook rules on such matters. So no real steps are shown here but just a few fun pics of the Rhubarb and how she served it. That Ice Milk was Walnut, and was it ever good. She refuses to use my stone wear stuff as she is afraid to mess it up. So It gets cooked in a foil pie shell and served in the stone wear !!!!! Nice anyway.
- WARNING: The reason I am showing the leaves is that the Rhubarb is showing signs of RUST. Do not put these in your compost pile. What will happen is that the RUST will stay very alive in the compost and when you use the decomposed material you will spread it around. That is a certainty. The thing to do is get these leaves into a plastic grocery bag and remove them to the trash.
- I got the Idea to post this from GardenerX as he had a recipe for Rhubarb Pie a few weeks ago from the UK, This is a Canadian one