Thursday 10 June 2010

A Quote from Christ,, June 10 2010


a Mushroom, what kind I have no idea, It may or may not be poisonous. I will just enjoy the beauty of it.


“No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light.”

I was reminded of the mushroom when I read this lately as it lives in the dark. It is beautiful but not readily seen. The light is not welcome by this fungus. 

Here are Tiger Lilies, and Japanese Snow Balls, They want the light and stretch high to receive it. They are well seen and people are drawn to them.
Some-thing like the Lord. He is the light and you truly want to be seen by the light.


Okay, I am not saying mushrooms are evil here just making a comparison to to the dark. I am actually fascinated by them

3 comments:

  1. dear sonny..this is just a lovely verse.
    i would have never thought about that lowly mushroom staying in the dark and not wanting the light.
    i would hope that we are not like the mushroom but we will be little lights for jesus in this dark world!
    very good sonny..thanks!....love terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good analogy Reg.
    Blessings!
    Dimple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Ladies, It just came to me that way, so I went with it. It does make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete